CGS Publishing Technologies International, LLC is a rapidly growing technology company in the graphic arts, industrial print and packaging industry. We are an international company headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, selling color management & hardware solutions throughout the Americas. We sell and support a wide range of color management software, inkjet printers, scanners, and related consumables. We are seeking a full-time Hardware Support Specialist to join our Technical Services team. Do you have a passion for problem solving? Are you skilled in hardware installations, training, and repairs?
Hardware Support Specialist
Reporting Structure and Department
Reports to the Technical Services Manager and is a member of the Technical Services department.
The Hardware Support Specialist main function is to be the primary hardware technical expert on products sold by CGS ORIS | AMERICAS. As primary hardware technical expert for the company, the role is responsible for all hardware-related aspects, including troubleshooting and repair, installation, and training. The role is also responsible for acting as the primary point-of-contact for hardware technical information with the product manufacturers on existing and new technologies.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
The primary responsibilities and duties of the Hardware Support Specialist include, but are not limited to:
· Provide onsite, telephone, email, and/or web-based technical support, installation, and/or end-user training for the following Company-sold products:
- Roland inkjet printers
- Metis scanning systems
- Qres digital printing and material-handling systems
- Other products added to the Company portfolio in the future
· Collaborate with CGS sales staff to provide hardware technical details on products during the sales cycle and installation planning process.
· Collaborate with CGS marketing staff to provide hardware technical details on products during the production of marketing collateral.
· Assist with planning, setup, staffing, and tear-down of industry events and trade shows showcasing product hardware.
· Demonstrate products and produce sample for potential customers.
· Perform chargeable print-for-pay and scan-for-pay services for customers.
· Produce and maintain necessary CGS standard operating procedure documentation for products. This includes pre-install planning, install and training, and customer-facing product guides.
· Cross-train additional members of the Technical Services department on hardware products.
· Repair Roland, Metis, and Qres hardware at customer sites and in the CGS demo room.
· Test, document, and report functionality of new hardware developments.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
As part of the Technical Services department, the Hardware Support Specialist works in collaboration with the rest of the employees in the Technical Services department to execute additional responsibilities and duties including, but not limited to:
· Provide telephone, email, and/or web-based support for the ORIS software suite of products.
· Perform pre/post sales technical support of ORIS software applications to include customer and dealer training.
· Maintain detailed logs of the technical support provided in the Company online ticketing system.
· Prepare color matched proofs and scan sample requests per sales and dealer requests.
· Assist Company marketing in the production of product sample kits and other marketing materials.
· Maintain and further develop procedures for the Company Demo Room, including regular proofer calibrations, consumables inventory management, and software structure management.
· Provide customer and dealer software demonstrations, via webinar, locally in our demo room lab, or by accompanying sales to the customer or dealer locations.
· Provide on-site customer installation and training of ORIS software and partner proofing hardware as a back-up to our primary installation team.
· Promote sales of software maintenance plan renewals, hardware warranties, and other billable technical services.
The Hardware Support Specialist role has the following qualifications:
· Five or more years of experience in Technical Support, Graphic Arts, or related fields OR a bachelor’s degree in a graphic arts or related discipline.
· Focused experience with mechanical and electrical systems, preferably on inkjet printing equipment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
· General understanding of computing, graphic arts concepts, and color management.
· Highly self-motivated, reliable, and strong attention to detail.
· Top quality customer service attitude!
• Competitive Salary • Health/Dental/Life/LTD Insurance • 401K and Profit Sharing Plan • Paid Parking
For prompt consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.